11.01.2013

november one

30 Days of Thanks- Day One
My Parents

Growing up, I feel a lot of people spend much of their youth resenting their parents and swearing you'll never be like them but that's exactly who you turn out to be. For me, they became the people that I admire the most. 

I am grateful for:
- all the things they have done for me, as a child, growing up and as an adult
- all of their love through the good and the bad
- unconditional love- I've wronged them more times than I would like to admit, yet they continue to show me endless amounts of love.
- I would want nothing more in the world than to turn into the types of parents they have been to me.
- having such an excellent example of how to love and how to sustain a marriage through both the good and the bad over so many years


Thank you mom and dad, for your endless love and support. For teaching me to be the best version of myself. For being tough on me when I wanted you to be soft. For being the two best people in my world. For molding me into the person I needed to be and the person I should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment