4.17.2013

april seventeen

One Month Mark
The middle of this week marked the one month until graduation date. I think to myself, "one month and it's all over" but, I don't think I genuinely grasp what that means. For me, college has been a long process. It meant changing schools, changing majors, changing who I was and it took six years of my life. To think that it will all finally come to an end in a month is something I am having a very difficult time coming to terms with.

I am sure that the day of graduation will pass without any thoughts or special emotions. But the days that follow, the days when I have nothing to do- those will be the days I think, what now?



And that's every graduates big question. But I like to reassure myself that I have been planning for an answer to this question. I figure it took me six years to actually complete college and I don't particular want to waste any more of my life being unemployed and completely useless. I have set a goal for myself to be employed and moving on with my new adult life by the middle of August.

Hopefully, the next big step in my life will be getting my first real teaching job. I want to move to Texas and I have slightly put all of my eggs in one basket in regards to that. People around me keep telling me that I need to make the decision that will make me the happiest and I know that in a profession like mine, it would be unfair to the students to be anything other than that. So thinking about it more and more, I need to move on from where I am. For more than one reason, I need to leave this town. I need to venture out and build my own life. I need to be that independent version of myself that I want to be. And I need to be surrounded by people and a life that makes me smile each day.

I hope in the future all the things I worked really hard for align themselves perfectly. I like to think that if I live it right, life will give me all the things I cross my fingers for.

No comments:

Post a Comment