4.04.2013

april four

To get ready for the standardized testing at school, PVP decided to have a pep rally to get the students excited and energized to take their tests. Usually, this pep rally is restricted to 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students. However, this year second grade was invited. To be perfectly honest, this is probably because second grade is the most exciting grade at PVP. We have the best teachers and our excitement was needed for the epic conclusion of the pep rally...

The PVP Harlem Shake


Yes, that is my mentor teacher dressed up in a cardinal costume. Yes, the entire cafeteria was full of hundreds of students. Yes, my kids got freaky in the cafeteria. And of course, I got it all on tape.



When the edited version of this video comes out, I will be sure to update this post so that everyone can see it. The best part of the whole thing was that the kids had no idea. Out of nowhere we took them to the cafeteria, we dressed our teacher in a costume and then for three minutes we let them dance like maniacs. It's moments like these I am really happy to have chosen the career that I did and to be surrounded by such enthusiastic and fun colleagues makes everything worth it.

And if you want to see the best Harlem Shake video I have ever seen.. here it is
All you 90's babies, you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment