3.28.2013

march twenty eight

I am currently on Spring Break and it is genuinely hurting to be away from my kids for so long. However, I decided to go visit my bezzy in Dallas for two days! Although the drive was horrible, she was very right (as usual) when she told me that it would be totally worth it when I got there.

Before I get into our epic two days where we barely did anything, I need to start with this disclaimer. I have never written about my best friend before so there are a few things you may need to know.
  • we are exactly the same- when I say the same, it is scary.
  • we are very different- she is loud and bright and peppy, i am all of the opposite
  • we can read each other minds and finish each others obscure sentences and references
  • we laugh constantly and I am not exaggerating- our friendship is constant laughter and smiles
  • we are weird
  • we LOVE One Direction
  • we call each other bez/Bezzy (her)/Bezza (me) - this stems from our previous bullet point and long story short, it's the British term/abbreviated term for best friend
When I informed Bez that I was going to visit her she was obviously incredibly excited. The disappointing part was that we would only be able to hang out for two days due to her work schedule and my schedule. This meant that if we wanted to get in optimum bezzy time, I would have to leave very early in the morning for my 8 hour journey.


It was all worth it in the end. I was so very excited to be reunited with my bez. She offered for me to take a nap but I neglected to listen to her advice (should have). We went on our way. I think over the course of two days we did more shopping than two people should be allowed to do. It mostly consisted of me walking along behind her making faces of approval or disapproval at her choices (fashion- one of the many ways we are not the same).

My very favorite thing we did while I was there was go to a Mavericks game. I have loved the Mavs for almost two years and it has always been a goal of mine to go to a game at the AAC. To make a long story short- they played the Clippers. It was awesome. They went into overtime. We made friends. I lost my Batman pen. The Mavericks won.



The basketball game lasted way longer than we expected. Unfortunately, we opted out of eating before or at the game because we would 'grab some food after'. Little did we know that 'after' was 12:30 in the morning. This meant that we would take a little adventure to In 'n Out. Not only was it delicious (duh) but it was quite a lovely moment sitting the a gas station parking lot at 1 in the morning eating hamburgers with your best friend.

Then I got Bez to eat a french fry with ketchup. To make this story more epic, Bezzy loathes ketchup. She refuses to eat it and it just weirds her out. So I take it upon myself, simply because I know it grosses her out, to always ask her what it would take to get her to eat a certain amount of ketchup. While we are chilling in the parking lot at 1 in the morning, I decided to see how much she loved me- I asked her if she would eat one of my french fries, with ketchup. She debated it for a minute then finally gave in. Like a champ, she ate it and if you ask her about it now, she doesn't want to be reminded of it.

Day 2 consisted of going shopping (surprise), going to the movies (don't go see Spring Breakers), eating at the Cheesecake Factory (because it is my favorite restaurant everrrrrr) and laying in bed watching movies.


Over the two days, I didn't get nearly enough sleep and I laughed entirely too hard and we didn't do nearly the amount of things we wanted to. But none of that matters. As I left in the morning, no matter how incredibly INCREDIBLY sad I was, I was so thankful. I was thankful to have a best friend that I can count on for anything. I was thankful to know that she is my person and I trust and adore her above all else. And even though we are weird, and we have our own secret language and people make fun of us, I wouldn't trade our friendship in for anything.


BUCKET LIST UPDATE
Visit all 50 States: Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment