3.14.2013

march fourteen


There is currently nothing in my life that makes me as happy as teaching does. I genuinely love every moment I spend in the classroom. No matter what my attitude is when I wake up in the morning, I know that when I walk through the doors at school, I will feel calm and excited to face the day before me. I don’t think I have ever been more confident in anything in my life as I am in my teaching. I don’t necessarily feel as if I HAVE to try hard to be successful, instead it just comes to me. However, I WANT to try hard to excel at something I love more than I’ll ever be able to explain. Every day has it’s fair share of crazy stories and hectic moments but I am thankful to say that I have yet to go home at the end of the day without a smile on my face and my heart.

I sincerely hope that this feeling that I have become so accustom to never fades. I hope that in the future I work at a school that grants me the opportunity to work with a team of teachers who are as phenomenal as the teachers I surround myself with daily. Not only are they top-notch educators but they are people that I truly love spending each and every day with. I wouldn’t want to spend my days in any other way.

Today at school we had our 9-weeks Cardinal Celebration. Each student was given the chance to dress up as something that expressed the first letter of their first or last name. Naturally, because I am a child, I considered it mandatory for me to participate as well. I loved seeing how the students expressed themselves and how excited they were to find out what I was going to show up to school wearing. After days and days of them passing suggestions my way (Spiderman, scientist, surfer, snake, seahorse) I decided to ‘express’ myself in my very favorite way.
 
Ms. Brame the baseball player and Ms. Sapera the superhero.

I unfortunately got many people, mostly girls and fellow teachers, asking if I was a transformer. I was willing to let that slide based on the fact that my costume was slightly gender biased. However, I did take offense to the fact that one of my students told me that I was wearing a 'boy costume'. Clearly, gender roles need to be addressed.

Just like every other day, I was completely blown away by my students. Their flair for creativity really made me smile. I love that they are so young yet to creative. It makes me happy to look forward to their futures and the great things that I know they will be able to put their creativity into.





We have our second grade field trip coming up tomorrow and I feel as if I cannot contain my excitement! It's going to be surreal being in charge of my very own students and having to discipline an entire bus of students. I'm looking forward to the challenge and the learning experience!

Show him how happy a thing can be, how innocent and ours, how even a lament takes pure form. - Rilke

 And when I got home I needed somewhere to hang my hat. Billionaire philanthropist playboy Harry Styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment