3.31.2013

march thirty-one

Easter Sunday

Easter has usually been a pretty calm holiday in my family. It usually consists of the four of us going to church and then going to see my Grandpa then eating at my Grandma's. I have very few memorable Easter moments other than the two Easters that my sister and I got Disney tents. One year we got a Beauty and the Beast tent, the next year was Pocahontas. I can't tell you much more about these tents other than I know that I did a cartwheel into the Beauty and the Beast tent on Easter morning and broke the pipes that hold it together. That was the end of that.

As we got older, Easter faded out and we went from getting a basket full of gifts to just getting a basket full of candy. This Easter, I woke up to no baskets. When I walked into the kitchen to get some breakfast, I saw this sitting on the counter. 


As I looked at it mother said, "Happy Easter, this is the community basket. But you only get three Reese's and two Heavenly Hash". What a kind bunny he was.

At my Grandma's house I was greeted, as usual, by my cousin and all sorts of One Direction greatness. She had dyed eggs for each of the members and I had a mini-meltdown when I was digging in the basket and thought she had forgotten my very favorite forever boy. 
Thankfully, I found him.


I can never ever ever pass up the opportunity to go visit the very first cardboard cutout to ever come into my life, which currently lives in my cousin's room. It is becoming a holiday tradition for me to spend time with Mr. Niall Horan. This Easter, we coordinated our dress.


The rest of the day we spent as a family at the Hornets game. They gave out Anthony Davis bobbleheads and actually won the game for a change! (Maybe one day soon I'll post about my love for basketball.)




No comments:

Post a Comment