9.26.2013

september twenty-six

Bucket List Update
Attend an NHL game

As I am driving down the road on my way home, almost to my apartment, I get this weird feeling that someday soon, my roommate will probably tell me when I get home, "Hey, we are doing this tonight."

When I walk in the door she tells me "I almost had us tickets to the Stars game tonight. But then I said no because I wasn't sure if you had things to do." That is some serious irony. Then as we are going on with our night and driving down the road to go run errands, she says "We are going to the game."

Turn around. Go change clothes. Switch cars. Drive downtown. Gametime.


I can't say that I actually know the rules of hockey but I didn't really care. I was there for the experience, the free tickets and the inevitable fight that was bound to happen. 

Things I learned from this experience:
1. It is REALLY COLD at a hockey game.
2. I really love the AAC.
3. There is an Audi Club that is so spectacular.
4. Derek Holland is my favorite Rangers player. (See Rangers Post)

The third item on my list was the highlight of my night. Our tickets said that we had "Audi Club Access". While we were roaming around, Bez decided she was going to ask what exactly that meant.  The kind lady showed us that we could go up the secret escalators and we ended up in this club level that had all of these separate bars, restaurants and seating.  Having spent a lot of time at the New Orleans Arena, I wasn't expecting this. It was one of the coolest things I've seen.  Well done, AAC. One of the other really cool things was that you could walk out on to a balcony that overlooked Victory Plaza. Granted it was full of smokers, but it was a pretty cool experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment