9.29.2013

september twenty-nine

Weekends with Bez

Spending time with my roommate and bezzy are some of the most relaxing and fun times I have in my life. Does that make my life extremely boring and lame? I don't really care. We have the best time together going to Target and doing absolutely nothing.  So the times when we get to do actual planned events on the weekend, those are the best.

Having a weekend where the two of us can hang out and work doesn't come in the way is very rare. We are usually thankful if we can get a Saturday OR a Sunday. This weekend we got a Saturday and a Sunday morning.

We went to a Rangers Game. 
It was my first Rangers game and one of the last in the last series of the season. A few days before, at the Stars game, I had acquired a small crush on Derek Holland. At the game, I solidified my crush. Derek was pitching, the weather was nice. It did start to rain but I tried my best not to let that bother me. I was so set on getting a Derek baseball-tee t-shirt but to my surprise, he is not as popular as I thought. Bummer. We left the game early to avoid the rain and head to Fort Worth to watch the LSU game.


I don't want to talk about the torrential downpour and life-risking experience on the road we had on the way to Fort Worth.  That is one thing in life that completely stresses me out and turns me into the kind of person I am embarrassed to show other people.
 
There isn't much to say about watching the LSU game (they lost). We did discover a new beer that we love which I am always thrilled about.

We came home that night and had no big plans so we puzzled. It was awesome. My favorite thing in a lot of friendships is being able to be physically together somewhere and not have to speak. Whether it's a party or a dinner or even just the two of you alone in a room or car. While we did this puzzle, I am not sure if anyone spoke for the longest time. I remember thinking how much I loved that moment- the comfort that comes from the silence.


No comments:

Post a Comment